Tuesday 2 January 2018

My Favourite Makeup Products

I never realised how difficult it would be to make a decision on my favourite makeup products until now. I have a lot of 'favourites' but if were going to make this easier, I chose mainly products which I use on a daily basis. 

I think I have also shocked myself in how many products I actually use on a daily basis; its not something I have stopped and thought about, until now. 



I'm pretty boring when it comes to my mascara, at the moment I am using Bourjois Volume Reveal, but if I was to pick one I would live in forever, that's easy; Benefit Push Up Mascara.

So heres something about me; my makeup obsession is quite blatantly lipsticks. Until recently, it would have to be said that MAC were up there with being the brand I go to in that department most frequently. However, I'm trying to go cruelty free with my makeup products, so I haven't purchased any in a while. I am however using up what I have got.

There are probably 4 I go to and from on a regular day; Velvet Teddy, Whirl, Mocha and Kinda sexy; all as you can tell, are nudes. I'm a big fan of the grunge look for makeup, and I don't tend to try any other looks. As you can tell, they are coming to the end of their life forms, and now represent stubs.



If were going to talk brands here and favouritism, I have a very large place in my heart for Too Faced. I'm also an avid collector of their eye shadow palettes, though I'm falling behind a bit and I have some catching up to do. 

The Too Faced, Chocolate Bon Bon Palette is one I reach for pretty much every single day. (Again you can probably tell that this is a love of mine at the moment). I also recently got my hands on the Love Light Highlighter in shade Ray Of Light, whilst in Rome. I've recently given in and started to use this one. It is absolutely beautiful, perfect for my skin tone being a pasty pale girl, it can be both subtle and build-able.

ANOTHER brand love of mine is Lime Crime. This Venus Palette is to die for. When I said I love the grunge look, this palette is the  most perfect eyeshadow palette for just that. I can't bring myself to use it yet as it's too pretty, and I have had it for nearly 2 years haha.



I spent forever, YEARS even, trying to find the perfect foundation and concealer for my skin. One that will both last all day, have a matte finish AND suit my skin tone (pasty pale remember). Most days I stick to a drugstore brand; Revlon Colorstay in the lightest shade Buff. This is still quite dark, but if i'm wearing tinted body moisturiser, it blends in really well and is perfect for me. If however I haven't done so in a few days, I opt for Lancome also in the lightest shade, which is the palest foundation i've ever found. It's a slightly more expensive option but I don't use this as much as I do the Revlon one.

To conceal I use Kat Von D, Lock It concealer in shade N1 (lightest shade, see this trend?), and it is the only concealer i've ever liked and stuck to in my life. It's also the palest concealer i've ever found, and very very pigmented, which I love, because it means I don't have to whack on so much foundation. It also has a matte finish. 

To set my makeup I use Soap and Glory, One Heck of A Blot. I have mentioned this before when I first started using it, and I have stuck to it ever since. I carry it with me everywhere I go and throughout the day I give my face a little dab and hey presto, shine is gone! There's no colour to it either, nor does it oxidise. It's a winner winner chicken dinner.


Last but not least; brushes! I have to be honest with you, i'm not really one for using brushes as such, I prefer to use my fingers. Having said that I do love Spectrum Brushes, they are inexpensive and do exactly what I need them to do. So this one doesn't really break the bank.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment