Wednesday 10 January 2018

Jeffree Star Cosmetics // Favourites of The Holiday & Family Collection


Christmas time is a great time for those limited edition makeup releases, the only downfall is; you just can't get them all! Not without taking out a loan. Like every year, I usually select one of the collections (though it is hard) and I politely ask as one or two things as a Christmas gift! 

This year, it was by a long shot that I wanted to own and try out some of the pieces from the Jeffree Star Holiday Collection and the release which he did just before; The Family Collection.


The Family Collection // Velour Liquid Lipstick, Nathan
As an early Christmas gift to myself, I got my hands on the Velour Liquid Lipstick shade which caught my eye the most, Nathan. Described as a 'terracotta nude', it had my at hello. I was so happy with this shade when I received it; I tend to think more peachy / orangey nudes suit me more, as it compliments my skin tone and goes with my own personal style. The formula lived up to its expectations, and the brush was perfect. (I have had a new JS liquid lipsticks before that have had a dodgy brush, making the product harder to apply).

The Collection Collection // Velour Liquid Lipsticks, Berries on Ice & Christmas Cookies
Next up we move on to The Holiday Collection pieces I own. The more I look at this selection of liquid lipstick colours, the more I want to own the rest of them. The look of M§edusa is definitely growing on me for sure. Personally, from looking at swatches online, the two that I would no doubtably gone for all along were the shades Berries on Ice and Christmas Cookies. Despite my hefty nude lipstick collection, I am also a big fan of dark vampy colours, and was hoping Berries on Ice would give me just that.


I have to say, and I am going to be honest, but I felt slightly let down by Berries on Ice. The product went on patchy, and it took a while to build up colour. Even so, the product STILL looked patchy, and I couldn't achieve the bold lip I was going for. I'm really disappointed with this one. 

Christmas Cookies, described as a Soft Peachy Nude, makes it a bit obvious already that this was the shade for me. I absolutely love it, and out of all three of the JS liquid lipsticks in this post, this has to be my favourite. 

L-R: Nathan, Berries on Ice, Christmas Cookies

The Christmas Collection // Skin Frost, Neffree
This was a very daring makeup selection for me. I'm not one for coloured highlighters. I have myself a tasty selection of pinks, but never have I gone for anything more 'out there'. I felt like this was a good start, with its ever so slight hint of purple. And I think it's sad to say that this is also where it ends for me. 


Don't get me wrong, it is an absolutely beautiful colour. The product itself is MASSIVE, I wasn't expecting the pan to be so big, but this was my first JS Skin Frost product. I know even if I was to use this as a daily product, that it would last me probably until the day I die; a little product goes a long way. But, I just don't think I could personally pull this shade off. 

Last Words
I have tried a lot of liquid lipsticks over the years, and have always managed to come back to the Jeffree Star ones. I honestly think they are the best liquid lipstick out there, and worth every penny as a treat now and then. The selection of colours coming out constantly, and the fact that this product lasts through eating, drinking, whatever else, makes it almost irresistible. There is also the most important this to mention to; they are all cruelty free!! :)

☾ ☼ 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment