Tuesday 6 June 2017

(Wo)mans Best Friend

My happiness is on a bit of a high at the moment, for one silly little reason; there's a dog around. Unfortunately, he's only here temporarily as were looking after him whilst his Mommy and Daddy are off on their holidays. 

Since my dog past away in October 2015, there has definitely felt like a big space missing. I think it's only something you truly understand if you have been in that situation yourself. I grew up with my dog, Ralph, we had him for 16 years, so when he was put to sleep, it was undoubtably the hardest thing I have ever had to go through, as I am sure many people will understand. But I think once you have had a connection with a dog like I did, you are a dog lover for life - you're always going to want that companion.

I am at the stage now where I'm ready to meet a new best friend, a friend to share with Dan (though he will be mainly mine, he can have a cat). It's just not the right time. For now I am borrowing other peoples dogs and going crazy for every single one I pass on the street. I can't help myself, they really are the greatest sidekick you could ever ask for.

Which is why I am so happy at the moment. Because the past week we've had this little guy to wake up to, he's ever so sweet. And nothing soothes stress and anxiety more than sitting and cuddling a furry friend. Nothing. I stand by that. 

I am available if anyone needs a dog sitter haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment