Monday 15 January 2018

Philips Hue Lights

Technology is probably not my area of expertise, nor does it really have my interest, and I suppose it doesn't really fit alongside what I usually post about. However, the Philips Hue is an exception; I just had to talk about it. 

You see, when Dan came home raving about how cool a set of 'lights' are,  admittedly I tuned out at first, I didn't really listen. I thought it was just him going on about some more gadgets. Eventually a light went off in my head (see what I did there) that this might not actually be a bad idea. I think he had me at the part he said you can download a third party app to get the lights to flicker along to your music. Gig in my own house? I'm sold. Moshing around by myself will never be the same again.

So we have them now, and I am glad I came around to the idea. You control them via an app on your phone, but you can also just use the main light switch. I'm not sure how all the fancy bits work, like I say I am no tech wiz, but it comes with a kit to attach to your wifi, in order for the app to work.

We got a main white light bulb, and a second portable light, which means it can be placed anywhere you like. Both allow you to adjust the brightness. The portable light allows you to change to any colour you like. The brightness of both these parts are amazing, I can actually see what I'm doing now when I do my makeup in the mornings, it doesn't so much feel like I am sat in a cave. 

It's been lovely to be able to dim the lights at night. I'm used to having fairy lights, but at the moment they may take a back seat. Were hoping to get LightStrip in the future which will pretty much act as fairy lights, only we can change the colours!

I would most definitely recommend these to anyone if you're like myself and like your fairy lights, or find different coloured lighting relaxing. Scroll down if you want to see the portable lamp in action!








No comments:

Post a Comment