Wednesday 17 August 2016

Soap & Glory Mini Haul

Fellow magpies around the world. I'm sure you can agree with me when I say that this is just one of those brands that you can't just walk past in Boots. Nope, you just want to buy all the things for the sake of it, even if you don't really need them, they just look SO good.



I've compiled together a little collection of all things Soap & Glory that I currently own. Some of which are massive hits, others maybe misses. 

Glow All Out


I'm beginning to get into the highlighting trend, and this product has made me start to appreciate highlighting more. So as I'm new to the experience, bare with me, let's just say it how it is.

I would say that this is perfect for people with very fair / pale skin / ghosts like myself. Its very light, but adds a slight shimmer, just what I wanted! Not to forget the peachy glow, almost like a blush with a slight shimmer. 

A great starter product for people like myself! If you are just starting out on highlighting, I would recommend you try this out too! If you want a more vibrant look rather then subtle, it's so very easy to build up. What else can I say but it's great!

I never really got the whole 'highlighting' idea if I am completely honest, but this gives me a healthy glow, and makes me look not so paper faced.

Kick Ass Concealer



Now this is one I can't really comment too much on. Mainly because I got the Dark / Medium one accidentally, and therefore it is completely the wrong shade for me. Clearly in my head somewhere I think I'm not as pasty as I actually am and momentarily lied to myself.

However, the is such a neat little concealer pot! Its perfect for your make up bag and travels, and comes with three different parts. On the first layer, is your setting powder, translucent again, this will not leave any colour, great! Lift up the setting powder, and you are blessed with two concealer colours, one slightly lighter than the other. Fantastic for wearing on their own or blending together.

Let me know if you have tried this product, I want to know if it's worth me getting the lighter shade!

One Heck Of A Blot 


I. Absolute. LOVE. this. For so long I have been using Rimmels Stay Matte Powder which I think for the price of 4 pounds you can't really go wrong. But after seeing so many great reviews for this product, I decided to splash out an extra bit and give it a go, and boy am I impressed.

Usually a few times a day I have to powder my face when it starts to get oily (oily skin problems), but after trying this out for the past few days I can say that I have only had to powder my face once throughout the day. Now for me, that is impressive! Especially if you consider this heat we have been having the past few days.

It's also translucent, which means it has added no colour on top of my foundation to my face, which is what my previous powder did. So with this I feel slightly more naturally, and my face doesn't feel like it's being weighed down. I would give this product a solid 10/10. 

The Perfect Ten 



Okay people, listen up. This palette is currently FREE. If you buy two Soap and Glory products online at Boots, you get this little charmer free. Also let me add, it is currently Buy One Get One Half Price, so you really are getting a fantastic deal!

So this was a freebie, and like you, I can't resist a freebie. Admittedly, they aren't really my colours, but there are a few in there I am sure I will be using.

The palette consists of both Matte and Shimmer finishes, but they are mainly shimmery. Minky looks like such a cute pink though, I can't wait to try that!

Arch De Triumph



Soap and Glory are on top game at the moment with their Brow products, I was given this one as a Birthday present. It is a two piece pencil (which requires sharpening), on one end with have a brow pencil in the colour taupe, which is a mid - dark brown, however it's a bit too light for me sadly. The other end we have a highlighter. Together they are said to shape and shade your brows! 

I really like the idea of this, I used the highlighter and it actually seemed to help my brows look a lovelier shape. 

The only thing I would say about this is WE NEED MORE SHADES! I would love to try this product out properly if it was in a darker shade. Also i'm not so keen on pencils you have to sharpen, it never seems to go to plan for me. 

What Soap and Glory products have you guys tried? Let me know which ones you think are best, i'd love some recommendations! I have my eye on Solar Powder and really want to try it out!

Melanie 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment