Sunday 18 December 2016

Korn and Limp Bizkit // Birmingham Barclaycard Arena // 15.12.16

Here we are, the last gig of the year, and what a way to end it. Both Korn and Limp Bizkit in one evening.

Limp Bizkit was probably the first band to get me into trouble with my parents as a kid, I have the imagine in my head now, of my mother in the garden pealing potatoes one summers day, and me disturbing her peacefulness with those life changing lyrics of Hot Dog, as they blast out of my bedroom window. "MELANIE! TURN THAT OFF". Nevertheless, despite the backlash about them, I truly loved me some Limp Bizkit. They have always been on my 'Bands I Must See Before I Die' List, and I'm pretty happy now I get to tick them off my list.

I wasn't really sure what to expect, I have heard from several different places how bad they are supposed to be live. But to be honest, this wasn't really something that bothered me, or put me off. However what I will say is, I probably should have listened to these people, so I didn't feel let down afterwards. 

The setlist was...okay, I guess. I mean for an old school band, I guess you'd be silly to expect them to play anything other than their hits. But c'mon, you guys do have some other songs, so for that I felt a bit let down. Another thing that actually DID bug me... what is with the dance tunes in between EVERY song... did I come to wrong place, I thought we were at a metal show? Or perhaps i'm just getting old... Seriously though, the time spent in between every song with what I like to call just noise, they could have AT LEAST squeezed in another song or two.

Though it seems a little hard to believe, I did actually have fun though. Nostalgia wins over anything, once more.

Having seen Korn before, I already have the experience of knowing that these guys absolutely kill it live, and they are a band I will definitely be seeing again in the future. 

There was a few things different to when I saw them the last time. For one, it was pretty awesome to hear Word Up played, for what is apparently the first time they played this since 2004. Although not their own song, it is still a great cover. The twist of diving into to Queens We Will Rock You, after the first chorus during Coming Undone was also really well done and not expected at all. 

As for their new material, I'm really liking it, and as for hearing it live, it's made me like it even more. It's clear to see that the majority of people lead the same opinion and are enjoying it too. 

Prepare yourselves for the most tragic photos ever. A little bit not worth uploading, but something is better than nothing.






No comments:

Post a Comment