Friday 12 August 2016

Friday Favourites // What I've Been Listening To This Week

Instead of focussing on one pure act of brilliance, this week I am going to give you a collection of songs I have devoted myself to. Mainly because there has been quite a few songs that I've found myself listening to on repeat. 

I'm going to start with one that I have literally just come across whilst writing this post..


Chunk! No Captain Chunk! - Blame It On This Song

You either love them or you hate them. I say this from personal experience, people close to me have either loved them or hated them. Although I am a dedicated Something For Nothing fan, there isn't a Chunk album I can't admit to absolutely loving. Though I won't lie, Get Lost, Find Yourself took a bit longer to get into than it did the other two.

NETHER THE LESS, as soon as I pressed play on this song, Blame It On This Song, My feet instantly started moving and my body started grooving haha. Can't wait for the new album, can't wait for them to return to the UK so we can party on stage with them again.






Embracer - Below

I've mentioned this band to you before in a previous post. I mentioned that they were teasing something at the time, which we now know was a new song called Below.

It feels like forever I have found a band that is just beautiful to sit and listen to, because if I'm honest I don't really do that kind of music often. But with this find, I definitely struck gold. 

There is nothing more I need to say about this, just seriously give this song a listen, give this band a 1000 listens. It's what I can only describe as jam packed full of emotion.





Knocked Loose - Oblivions Peak

September 16th; write it down, remember it, because if the album is going to be like anything this track, it's going to be insane. I recently came across this band, i'm new to them, but I am already a fan.

Before hand though, make sure you listen to their EP Pop Culture if you haven't already, which came out over two years ago. From what I can tell from this track alone, is it sounds like they progressed since then and evolved musically. A band to only keep on getting better perhaps? I like that!






No comments:

Post a Comment