Friday 16 March 2018

Our First Date

Around February 4 years ago, Dan entered into my life. In fact it wasn't the first time he had done so. The first time around we started talking through a mutual friend on Facebook but after a while we stopped talking. I'm pretty sure I went through a 'clear out' phase, but I can't remember how it exactly went.


A few years after that he was recommended as a friend back on Facebook, and I added him again. After a few likes here and there, and brief chats on status's (I was trying to get his attention), I  finally received a private message. Though it's now very much a blur, I remembered vividly discussing Goat Simulator and the new Spiderman film at the time, and how "we should go see it". From then on we spoke every single day, we still had never met.

He was at University at the time studying his second year. One night we sat up either sides of our screens and watched Wrestlemania 'together'; it was like we were actually in the same room. I found out that in April he would be coming back for a few days, and the talk of going to see Spiderman came up again. We planned a day. It wasn't really spoke of being a date.



Funny thing about this was; I ignored him the whole day. I was so anxious, and just like every other meet up with anyone ever, I was busy planning my escape - or excuse. Somehow, I managed to pluck up the courage to go. I guess fate took hold of me that day, because looking back now and the state I was in, I have no clue how I did it.

He picked me up in a taxi, he got the door for me. I was surprised he did so, I never had a guy who did that for me before. I instantly noticed two things; 1) he was wearing a The Story So Far t-shirt, 2) He was listening to Funeral For A Friend, I kinda thought maybe he was trying to impress me as we spoke a lot about those two bands just before. Later on, he admitted it!! 



We clicked instantly, and instantly I wasn't anxious anymore. It felt like I already knew him. Going to the cinema kinda helped break the ice. Once it was over and we hung out for a bit, we grabbed a taxi. One of my most favourite moments to this day and I remember vividly was on the journey back, his glasses broke - whilst he was wearing them. Just on his face. I cried with laughter.

I had so much fun that I saw him again the next day. He invited me around his house (no not like that), he was a true gentleman. I stayed that night until 5am, we laid on his bed and spoke about music, his dog at the time, and laughed til my gut hurt. At one point I had my hand under the pillow near his, our fingers were touching, I wanted to hold his hand but I was so scared. He eventually held mine. 



He went back to University for a few weeks after this. We carried on speaking all day, every day, until he returned. Eventually he asked me to be his Girlfriend, 4 years ago in May. 

Even though I was never officially asked on a date on this occasion, I still identify this as our first one. I love our little story.

1 comment:

  1. THE ULTIMATE YACHT RENTAL DUBAI
    Luxurious Boat and Yacht Rental Dubai for an unforgettable charter experience in Dubai. Discover our Luxury Majesty Yachts from Gulf Craft, for the ultimate charter experience with superior service and excitement assured. 100% Comfort and complete privacy.

    ReplyDelete