Saturday 3 March 2018

Bands I Want To See In 2018

It's already March, and I am yet to experience my first gig of the year. That all changed this month though with Dinosaur Jr just on the brink of the horizon. I'm pretty excited just to be in that music environment more than anything.

I've had a few bands floating around my head lately who I'm praying will head over the UK over the next year, whether I have seen them before or not.

Zac Brown Band
FUN FACT TIME: me Dan have a slight thing now and then for the odd country music, and Zac Brown Band is the top of that food chain for us. They are fun, catchy, energetic, happy, and sometimes sad. 

The last time they were over they played a Country festival which we couldn't afford to go to at the time. Were hoping that this is the year they grace us with a headline tour. PLEASE?!




Novelists
This ones pretty much set in stone and will definitely be happening. The other day these boys announced they will be coming over the beginning of May. It's not their first time over, but it is their first time doing a headline tour over here - so that in itself is pretty cool. 

At this current moment in time, I would have to say these guys are currently my favourite. They don't have a bad song in my opinion. I've ranted on about Novelists so many times before; you're probably bored of it by now. 




In Flames
If I had the money and my way I would be flying over Sweden this July for In Flames very own festival Borgholm Brinner. But that just can't happen for obvious reasons. But thats a dream right there. I mean aside from the bands, just look at the location! It's in a bloody castle! I don't think a show would ever get more awesome than that.

I've never seen In Flames as I have said before, but they were one of those bands I loved when I was younger and never got the chance to see. And still haven't. Perhaps this could be the year. Though I am pretty sure I say that every year. 




Sum 41
Funnily enough the one time I was supposed to see Sum 41 was the Kerrang tour when they were co-headlining with New Found Glory, Unfortunately they had to drop out. 

They have recently announced they will be playing 'Does This Look Infected' in its entirety across the US. With them making an appearance at this years Reading festival, we can only ask ourselves; will we be getting the same treatment any time soon? Heres hoping! 





No comments:

Post a Comment