Wednesday 13 December 2017

Mastodon // Brixton Academy, London // 10.12.17

Brixton Academy is just one of those venues that holds a lot of memories for me. It's also funny how it was exactly a year ago to the day that I was here in this very venue, watching Bullet For My Valentine play The Poison in full; which still happens to be one of the most memorable shows of my life. So far.

Waking up to the snow today was interesting. No one believed me when I said it was going to snow, not even the man in the post office the day before haha. There was a lot of hassle with the trains, because of course any slight weather drop, and the trains can't handle it, but we eventually made it.

I've never had the chance to see Mastodon before. Dan on the other hand has done quite a number of times. I guess as i've never even watched any live footage of them before on the internet that I went not knowing what to really expect from seeing them live; But there was something about this was different to other shows I have been to. I felt like it was really just about appreciating the music tonight, you know standing and taking in the band as a whole. 

Coming home was another thing all together. We arrived back at Euston to only have to wait another 2 hours for a train; it was freezing, and i've never ever been so happy to hear the noise of the opening train doors to let us in to the warmth. 




No comments:

Post a Comment