Thursday 9 February 2017

Birchbox - December 2016, January 2017 & February 2017



One of my Christmas presents from my lovely boyfriend was a Birchbox subscription. I've been part of Birchbox before a few years ago, but I cancelled after a few months as I wasn't very impressed. After following for a few months now, I thought I'd like to try it again to see if there has been any improvement. 

Today I received my 3rd box, so I thought I'd put a review together of my thoughts so far, and show what I got in my Birchbox, for anyone who is interested in having a nose, or who is debating whether to sign up themselves. 

December 2016



The idea behind this box was you are use the two different parts as brush holders, personally not for me, but handy for other storage. I use old/used pretty candle glasses for my brushes that is a bit nicer. 

In December I received:
  • Ciate London Fierce Flicks Eyeliner (FULL SIZE)
  • Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Balm (for hair)
  • Elemis Hydra-boost Day Cream
  • Anatomicals Coconut & Mango Body Lotion
  • Benefit Benetint
The Products from this i've tried so far have been great. The Elemis Day Cream is lush for my skin, making it feel all soft and moisturised. Benetint - I'm probably never going to use. The Anatomicals body lotion smells AMAZING. I would buy this again. All in all - not a bad start!


January 2017



So first things first, I love the box. I'm hoping that a lot of the future boxes I get are going to be draws, because they will stack on top of each other and look cute. 

In January I Received:
  • Merci Hand Cream (FULL SIZE)
  • Lord & Berry Concealer (FULL SIZE)
  • Kebelo Clarifying Shampoo
  • Whish Shave Cream
  • Nails Inc Galaxy Nail Varnish
I must admit, this has been my favourite so far out of the three. Again, not all products have I tested, that is because I am a hoarder and don't like opening things. (Yep, I'm that person who buys things they like but doesn't use them because they are too good to use). 

However, I have used the nail varnish and I loved it. It's a glittery layer that goes on top of a colour. I wore mine over a nude, it looked awesome. The Wish shaving cream, may not be enough to even go over a shin, but it smells like grapefruit and I just want to sit sniffing it.


February 2017



Oh Birhbox, you really are a man in disguise after my own heart. FULL SIZE SPECTRUM BRUSH PEOPLE. I was happy on that alone. Another pretty draw design, to stack on top of Januarys, very happy.

In February I received:
  • Spectrum Eyeshadow Brush (FULL SIZE)
  • Pop Beauty Eye Shadow Trio
  • Keeome Hydration Therapy Mask
  • Beaver Daily Moisture Conditioning Spray
  • Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel
I am definitely going to try the mask tonight which is a korean face mask, i've heard a lot about them so this intrigues me. The eyeshadow trio has 3 beautiful shimmery colours which I would wear, but again I haven't tested them yet. There is a sneak preview in the box for next month - we get to pick a shade of a Benefit lipstick. If that isn't enough for me to stick around, I don't know what is! 


My thoughts overall - so far is it's worth the money. 

Surprises! I love the thought of having a box of random cosmetics coming to my door every month, It's quite exciting. And an excuse to pamper yourself with new things!

The box is tailored to you. When you sign up to Birchbox, you are asked to fill in a questionnaire about your skin types and preferences etc, this helps them pick which treats they think you would like in your box. I'm still indifferent about this one - so far I've had not received anything that isn't suited to myself, but I did the first time around. I've also seen a lot of reviews where people have had this happen to them too.

Not to mention the points you get every month by reviewing the contents and your box itself. For instance, every month months you will have enough points to redeem a 10 pound voucher, so that works out at getting 5 pound back every month. These vouchers are to be spent on their store, so MORE MAKE UP *dribbles*.


No comments:

Post a Comment