Thursday 15 December 2016

2017 Goals

I could have called this a New Years Resolution post, but to be honest I don't really believe in them as such. I believe however, it's a great idea to have goals, it's a great way to stay focussed and work towards things you dream of achieving. 

Exercise
I currently do about 0% exercise, unless you count walking.. I keep telling myself 'I'm going to start running', 'I'm going to join an aerobics club', right now I may not have the money to start that club, but there is no price on running. I've figured I'm all about the excuses. This could not only be what I am needing on my body, but on the mind also. It's not something I've ever stuck to before, but it's something I aim to try work at, even if it takes a while to get into the swing of. 

Charity Run
I've done this before back in 2012, I did the 6 Mile Sport Relief run, it was so much fun, and it felt exhilarating afterwards to know that you have not only achieved running 6 miles, but knowing you have helped other people. To do another run is something I am looking into, I'd like to be able to go further than 6 miles this time, and ideally I'd like to run for the MIND charity. Watch this space! 

Try New Foods
Okay, one of the things I am the worst at in this world, is trying new foods. I am probably the most picky eater in the world. If I don't like the look of it, smell of it, or name of it haha, I won't go near it. SO, I solemnly declare that from 2017 on, I'm going to start trying things. I am getting better, slowly, but 9/10 I still won't try things. Originally I was going to try one new thing a week, but that's probably a bit out there, so I will stick to when the occasion arises and someone says "have you tried this" I won't just say yeah (because I don't like the look of it) heck I'll just go for it.

An Adventure Abroad
Annecy - France
The last time I flew away from this country was August 2014, for my 24th Birthday, to Paris. Before then I had only ever been abroad once, when I was about 10, with my family to the Canary Islands. Unfortunately, it's not something I have been able to do since, but it is a goal to work towards for next year. I'm currently lusting over the thought of Rome, Switzerland or Finland. Another place I've always wanted to go in Europe is Annecy in France. There is a something so comforting about being somewhere where no one knows you for miles, or even understands you, kinda like being a ghost. When I was in Paris, I honestly thought at one point, "hey, i'm outside, and i'm not anxious", and for the majority of that trip, not all of it, but the majority, I was somewhat at ease. I want to find that solace again. 

Start Saving
I'm a long way off from saving at the moment, in fact before I start saving, I need to actually pay off my overdraft (which is quite worrying at the moment), but I would love to start being able to put some money away. I'm not getting any younger, and moving out is something I want to work towards, so actually starting to save those pennies, is a must. 

Keep Posting
I really enjoy writing, I have said before how I think it therapeutic, and well, fun! Especially when it comes to music. In 2017 I want to post more material, for myself more than anything. I want to share my music experiences more regularly, and improve on my writing skills, one way of doing that is to keep them neatly together in the form of this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment