Wednesday 14 December 2016

Bullet For My Valentine - The Poison 10 Year Anniversary Show

It has to be said that The Poison was one of my favourite albums from my teenage years. For me, it was one of those gateway albums, that got me into loving the music that I do today.

So 10 years ago, on the first time around with The Poison tour, I unfortunately never got the opportunity to go. Admittedly, after Bullets first album, never other release after that, just didn't do it for me. I lost interest, which I think you will agree is perfectly acceptable. However, when this tour was announced, the inner teenage me got just as excited as I did the first time around.


Killswitch Engage, absolutely killed it. They are a band i've never had the chance to see before either. I was never a major KE fan, with their entire back catalogue and knowing every song word by word, but after this show, it has inspired me to listen to them more. Jesse's vocals are absolutely insane, practically identical to listening from your musical device, and for that alone, they cannot be flawed. 


Another thing to take full notice of during their performance was the chemistry they still seem to pack as a band. Like I said, this was my first time seeing these guys in the flesh, but i've seen live videos before, and how they manage to always keep up their energy and bounce off one another is amazing. Hats off to them. I would even go as far as saying they put on a better performance than Bullet did - not to say I enjoyed either one of their performances more.

To be quite honest with you, It would not have bothered me if Bullet performed absolutely terribly, I probably wouldn't have noticed. I was way to in the moment, and losing my voice in the process to notice too much of anything going on. This is definitely one of the most awesome shows I have been to this year. It was like taking a trip back in time, momentarily. 


I'm very much appreciating the fact that bands are starting to do 10 year anniversary tours of these albums we grew up listening to. I think it's a fantastic way for us old greebos to reunite and celebrate the music that we grew up listening to. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment