Friday 15 July 2016

Friday Favourites // Beartooth - Aggressive

This weeks favourite is kind of a surprise one for me, as when I originally first listened to this album I have to admit I wasn't really a lover. 

I've been a Beartooth fan from the very beginning, and a fan of Caleb Shomo since his Attack Attack! days. His musical transition formed Attack Attack towards the end of their run into what I think was their best state, and it continued into Beartooth which for me I thought was fantastic. It was almost like the 'new' Attack Attack was just Beartooth with a different name. 

As you can probably tell I was a massively into their first release / EP - Sick. So much that I couldn't wait for the release of their first full length album, Disgusting.

Funnily enough, for some strange reason it took me a few listens for Disgusting to grow on me. But eventually it has become one of those albums I am still not sick of. This is where I can say that Aggressive is following down the same road.

Aggressive has been out for just over a month now, and although it has took me that long, after giving it a second chance recently, I am beginning to appreciate it. It is definitely a grower.

My first initial reaction was every track sounded similar, no different from the last, I got a little bored. For me it took them to release Hated and I gave it a proper listen along with the video, to come to terms with 'hey, this is actually a pretty good song'. So I decided to give the whole album another listen, and now I'm hooked.

I feel like this album is a continuation from the last album. They have stayed true to their sound, which I applaud a band for doing so - not many bands stay true to themselves. The last track on the album King of Anything reminds me slightly of the last track off of Disgusting - Sick And Disgusting. Both tracks I feel were a great choice to put at the end of each album, for me it kind of closes the album, almost like closing the end of a book. 

I don't really have a favourite track yet, I'm going to have to give it some more listening before I decide that! But if you were just like me and were a Beartooth fan not fond of the new album at first, I say give it another chance!

I am looking forward to seeing them play some new songs in December over here in the UK, as after seeing them a few times perform older songs, I can safely say this band knows how to get a crowd going and feed off the crowds energy. This is one band I recommend you to see, even if you are not familiar with every single Beartooth track, you will not be let down.

What's your favourite track?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment