Saturday 25 June 2016

Bourjois Paris


A few posts back, I told you about my trip last year to the city of love, Paris. I mentioned my visit to their Bourjois store, something I had been so excited to do. As promised, here are my treasures I picked up. Some of which are available in the UK and you would have heard of, and some of which I had not heard of before I stepped foot in to their store.


Bourjois Cleanser
When I walked into the store, and saw all these pretty things I never knew existed, I was most excited to discover that they have a facial care range. I'm forever trying to find new face care products because I have rather problematic skin. I suffer from breakouts, dry spots, sometimes oil, the works, so I am obsessed with trying to look after it the best I can, but who isn't!

Sadly, this cleanser did not agree with my skin. I used it a few times, until I realised it was making my skin worse. I guess that's like most products. I also found that when applying it to my skin, it stung. I wasn't quite sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing at first, whether it meant it was doing some good or not, so I stuck it out. Like I said, it just didn't agree with my skin.


Bourjois Sublime Moi! - Shower Creme
Okay, this was my favourite find by far. Who knew that Bourjois did Shower Creme, I didn't! There was a few to choose from, but I decided to not be greedy and I picked my favourite. I used this whilst I was away in Paris, and it was so good, I had to go and buy another bottle before we left for when it run out. That bottle has now run out, and I can't bring myself to start using my back up, because I don't want it to go.

It's so creamy and smells divine, It has a floral smell but not too overpowering. I haven't found anything similar, until a few weeks ago. This was when I started smelling the shower gels in Tesco, and I came across The Dove Purely Pampering range. They have a similar smell to the Bourjois Shower Cremes and the same consistency, perfect!


Bourjois Mini Nail Polish
I've seen these nail polishes now and then on various sites in gift pack forms. But I've never seen them available to buy individually in drugstores in the UK. Bourjois to my excitement, had a whole range of them. Although these are so small and won't last very long, I couldn't help but not resist their cuteness. I'm a sucker for cute looking things as I'm sure a lot of you are. To make things more exciting, they were 3 for 2. I picked up a sparkly pink, bright red, and darker red, as at the time I was going through a red / pink nail phase - now I'm more nude!


Bourjois 1 Seconde Waterproof Mascara
This ladies and gents, is my holy grail. I'm sure you've all heard or seen this badboy. I have been searching far and wide for many years, on the hunt for the best mascara I can find. Something that gives me nice long thick lashes, as I wasn't blessed in that department, and something that doesn't dry up so quick. A few years ago, I decided to give this a try, and I haven't turned back since. I would highly recommend this mascara if you are like me and in need of something to give your lashes a bit more umph.

So this wasn't something 'new' I had discovered, but more my regular that I needed to pick up whilst I was there. Plus I wanted to throw this in there as I don't think it was fair to leave out what I think is such an amazing product!


Bourjous Rouge Edition Velvet Liquid Lipstick - So Hap Pink
Hold tight! Another Bourjois product I am about to hype up. As said in a previous post, I have tried many Liquid Lipsticks, but have never really been satisfied with them, I'm more of a cream matte lipstick girl. The Velvet Rouge Edition Liquid Lipsticks from Bourjois are by far my favourite. To be honest, they are the only liquid lipsticks I have ever fallen in love with.

I love the way they feel and the colours (though granted I wish there was more of a range, though they are slowly getting there). The one thing I would say is they don't smell amazing, you know like other lip products do, Mac and Lime Crime spring to mind, but we can let this pass.

They don't transfer when dry, they are easy to reapply throughout the day, without it looking a cakey mess, they don't feel heavy or sticky, and that for me is a win! I love them so much I have a little collection, let me know if you'd like to see a haul of these in a future blog post!


Bourjois Face Scrub
Last but not least, back to the Bourjois facial care range. Another thing I picked up was this facial scrub, it smells GORGEOUS. Just like the picture on the front of an orange, you've guessed it, it smells like oranges.

The scrub itself is not too hard - something you don't want on your face. When applying to my face, it made my skin tingle, in a nice way! As if I could feel it doing its job, unlike their cleanser. I haven't used this though, as like the shower creme, I can't bring myself to use it. I have a habit of that - buying things and not wanting to use them because I like them.



I hope you enjoy my little Bourjois haul. They also had many other items, but I was afraid of going over my suitcase weight limit on the way home! I also purchased one of their deodorants - it was terrible. My love still remains for their make up though.

No comments:

Post a Comment