Thursday 6 September 2018

Natural History Museum, Tring, Hertfordshire



When you think of The Natural History Museum, you probably think automatically associate the name with one of London's most known museums. You possibly forget that the one in London is just a part of The Natural History Museum, being one of three; yes it is the biggest, but you may or may not know that there is also a Natural History Museum in both Oxford and Tring.



I had been to the Natural History Museum in Tring once before as a child. I remember it as being one of my most memorable days out as a kid, with my parents. Walking around seeing all the preserved animals was something I found fascinating. From the largest mammals to the smallest birds, to all the different kinds of bugs and insects; there was something about seeing these species so close that felt absolutely mind blowing, and still does to this day on my second trip there. 

Being someone who watches a lot of nature and zoology documentaries ,It really puts into perspective the size of some of these creatures that you sit and watch behind a television screen. Just go and stand next to the tiger and stare it right in the face for a few seconds, and you really start to get a sudden fear. This is what I did. You really get a feel for just how powerful some of these animals are in the wild. I think it's easy to forget that, behind your television screens.





Tring itself was an absolutely beautiful town; I could really picture myself living somewhere like this, hopefully..one day, maybe? We did however underestimate just how long the walk from Tring station to the town centre it actually was. It took around 40 minutes, but I didn't mind. There is nothing quite like walking through nature and the countryside. Even if we was next to a country road, it beats the hustle and bustle of a city any day of the year.

I have said before but one of my favourite things is admiring buildings and architecture. One of the best places for this, is in a country town. So I probably got just as much enjoyment out of looking at the buildings, as I did the animals.




No comments:

Post a Comment