Monday 6 March 2017

Saviour - Let Me Leave

After the break up of Saviour in 2014, which brought heartbreak to us all, they announced their return last year. Okay, so they weren't gone for too long, but it sure felt like long enough. Because there was something about this band that just screamed they had so much more to give, and that we hadn't even seen the best of them yet, that's how I felt at least. 

This album is like a new chapter for Saviour. There are some changes to their sound, which isn't so much of a change that they might as well scrap the band name and start again, but in a way in which it is subtle and somewhat refreshing. 

The most obvious change to note, which isn't as such different but more emphasised is the voice of Shontay Snow. The permanent arrival of Shontay I think in fact is used to it's advantage. I absolutely love her voice, and if you have heard any of Saviours previous releases where she makes appearances, I think you will agree when I say her voice adds a touch of beauty and delicacy.

My only downfall is that now I feel like I want more of Bryant and a little less of Shontay, as I feel like Saviour sounds more like her band, where Bryant is adding to the songs, rather than the other way around. 

Don't get me wrong though, I think this album is fantastic, and I appreciate it for that it is, just like I do First Light To My Death Bed and Once We Were Lions. I'm glad to see them back, and I'm even more glad to see that they've still got it, and have come back with a fresh take on their sound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment